Sunday, June 8, 2008

Thanks Auntie Jen and Uncle Paddy!

Wanted to shout out a special thanks to Auntie Jen and Uncle Paddy for staying Saturday night to watch Ryan so Greg and I could go out to dinner to celebrate his Birthday! I know Ryan really enjoyed spending time with his Auntie and Uncle! Thanks so much! We went to Ibiza in New Haven it is a spanish restaurant in New Haven that got great reviews on Zagat. The food was great but maybe not worth going all the way to New Haven for. Plenty of restaurants that are just as good or even better right here in Fairfield but we wanted to try something new. After our dinner the romantic evening continued at Lowe's! Where we were on a mission to pick out a color for our kitchen. Sadly our Sat nights sans baby have come to this. But there are many perks to a visit to Lowes at 9 PM on a Sat. No crowds and more than enough help if you have questions, no long lines at the check out, and prime parking spaces. But the good news is that the work finally starts on our kitchen tomorrow, new counter tops, tumbled marble tile backsplash, and a fresh coat of Martha Stewart signature paint in Sugar Cane. Decisions decisions who knew how difficult picking a paint color can be?

Whew what a scorcher today was. Ryan enjoyed some time splashing around in a kiddie pool and running through the sprinkler with our neighbor Sophia. We enjoyed a visit from Grampy and Grammy they came to pick up our puppy for the week. Thought it might be too stressful for him with the contractors here. I know we baby him but we call him our first born. He truly is spoiled!

Yesterday we hit the Stratford Day street fair. It was so much fun and Ryan had a blast. We brought our wagon and he was so excited to be pulled around in style. It is so magical to imagine the world through a 19 month old's eyes. Everything was so exciting to him. He jumped around in a huge bouncer, played on the slide and climber, walked around trying to push/pull the wagon, tried freshly squeezed lemonade for the first time he loved that(hey it had a ton of sugar but it was hot out!)

Update...poor Greggie! Friday was his birthday and I was so nauseous I took Ryan and we went right upstairs and I locked us in my bedroom too sick to move until Greg came home at 7. He literally amazingly amused himself for nearly an hour in our room. Played with some toys then lost interest but then I asked him to keep looking out the window for Daddy and he would look and call out "Daddy Dadda" Hope the neighbors were not wondering what he was doing near the window shouting.... then he amused himself playing with Greg's golf books and alarm clock and then turned the tv on/off eight hundred times as I layed motion less holding my breath so I did not get sick until Greg finally came home. All the while it was Greg's birthday and I had plans to make cupcakes for Daddy with Ryan. Unfortunately that did not happen. My only saving grace was that Greg came home, fed, bathed, and put Ryan to bed. Then he made me some chicken soup and we watched Juno and I was feeling much better! What a good Daddy/husband and on his birthday too! I have found that jolly ranchers actually curb my nausea for at least a short period of time yay! My rash is much much improved and I felt pretty okay Sat and Sun thankfully. Hoping now that I am almost 13 weeks to be feeling better soon.

Stay cool! I will update pics of our kitchen soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

No thanks necessary. We would babysit anytime! He's such an easy baby....let us know if you need us again.

Hope you're feeling well this week!