Thursday, June 19, 2008

Ryan's First Haircut

Toady we enjoyed a fun day at the beach with Christian and Christina! We were a little late in meeting them because for some reason Ryan decided to wake up at 4:45. I stupidly went into his room and scooped him up ( I was still half asleep)and I brought him in bed with us....big big huge mistake. He rolled around decided to climb on us and kick us. No sleep for anyone not even Dylan who got fed up and left the bedroom. Finally around 6 AM Greg got up and took Ryan down stairs so I could get some sleep and they ate breakfast. Greg attempted to put him back to sleep in his crib and Ryan kept climbing out like a little monkey and each time Greg put him back in the crib and finally he ended up back in bed with us kicking and climbing. I thought no way. He was so overtired! So I tried to put him back in the crib. At this point he was so tired he was rubbing his eyes and attempted to climb out three times but I think he was so tired he actually stayed in the crib. Only problem now is we are held hostage in his room for naps and bedtime to ensure he stays in the crib! But I sat in the big chair and kept careful watch until he finally fell back asleep around 8 thank goodness. So we all went back to bed and I got him up at 9:30 so we could meet Christian and Christina at the beach.

The boys had so much fun they played and played. At first Ryan stayed on the blanket eating his snacks not wanting to get his feet dirty but he quickly was in the sand chasing the waves. What a perfect beach day not to hot and not a cloud in the sky! Here is a special trick to keep sand off your childs hands/feet try a little baby powder! Christina had some today for the boys and it really works! Thanks for such a fun day!

So since Ryan took a bit of a cat nap this morning we decided to head over to Snip Its after the beach (it is right on the way home) for a quick haircut. I had been trimming Ryan's hair myself and Greg commented that it was a bit uneven and we really ought to take him to a professional and I agreed. We had heard from a friend that one of the stylist there has a tendency to trim off a bit too much but we had a coupon and decided to take a chance anyways. Well the stylist we had did a fantastic job. They were very kid friendly and Ryan was such a good boy until the very end when she took out the clippers I think it may have been the sensation in combination with the buzzing noise that may have frightened him a bit but he started to cry and squirm a bit so I ended up giving him a pop and then he settle down. But I would go back again I think they did a great job a bit pricey at $18.95 plus tip but that is Fairfield for you!

I took a trip to Ikea yesterday and picked up Ryan a table and chairs set and a kiddie picnic table. We are still in search of new patio furniture for our deck if anyone has any suggestions for something inexpensive. I have actually been eyeing a teak set at Walmart. I just have to convince Greg it is the right set for us! Greg put together the picnic table last night and Ryan enjoyed his lunchie while sitting at it today. Hopefully we can assemble the table and chairs soon. Gotta love Ikea it is so inexpensive but you have to be an engineer to put their furniture together.

Also yesterday was Ryan's Great Gramma's birthday and we again wanted to wish her a very Happy Birthday! We love and miss you very much and hope you are doing well!

Take a look at some of Ryan's pictures below!



Ryan and Daddy at the Yankee Doodle Fair on the big slide!




Ryan with a bluberry mustache and beard while enjoying his "pop"



Ryan at Snip Its before





Ta Da! So handsome Ryan!

3 comments:

grammie sharon said...

what a handsome man----love to all

glad you had a fun day---sorry about you early morning

love mimi

Christina said...

We had fun too! But you left out the part about Ryan wooing the group of girls at the beach, winking and flirting with them....he is quite the ladies man!

See you soon!

and p.s. I like the haircut!!

Unknown said...

I put the last picture with Ryan's new haircut as my background. It makes me happy every time I see it!