Monday, June 23, 2008

Ryan Goes Strawberry Picking!

Greg and I took Ryan Strawberry picking yesterday. It was a lot of fun and the strawberries are at their peak for ripeness! Ryan's favorite part was riding to the field in the big Geeuck! (tractor truck to and from the picking area) He also really enjoyed eating the strawberries too. It was hard to try and hide the evidence that he had been eating the berries b/c he had red juice all over his hands face and clothes! He did some picking but mostly eating who can resist a fresh ripe juicy strawberry? It was defintely a fun activity although not sure how things would have gone over if Greg was not there to help. I did most of the picking while Greg sort of entertained/encouraged Ryan to pick some too. He actually got a little upset when it was time to leave b/c he really wanted to go back on the "geeuck" again!

Ryan has now started a very bad habit of running over to our neighbor's if we are outside while they are eating begging for food. Thankfully my neighbor thinks it is cute and she really enjoys feeding Ryan but I feel so bad. He sits right at their patio table and helps himself to whatever they are eating. The problem is that they eat earlier than us and Ryan is usually hungry for dinner when they are eating. We try to hold off on dinner until Greg comes home so we can all eat together as a family but I guess maybe I have to start feeding him earlier. Yesterday he took off and helped himself to dinner at their house a turkey hotdog, then polished off his own dinner of chicken sausage, peas, and applesauce. Geez it is a bit embarrasing and I am not sure what to do. He literally runs over there when he sees them eating and I think it is worse now b/c he knows he will get something. Sometimes he runs so fast I can barely catch up to him. Our little Ryan is becoming a food obsessed little boy. I mean it is not like we don't feed our child....what is up with this?

Ryan and I went tagsailing (is that a word?) this weekend in search of bargains on baby gear for baby #2. Not much luck and really a bad idea to bring Ryan b/c of course he wanted to play with all the toddler toys and of course we have planty of toys right now for him. I am looking for gently used pack and plays and a baby swing in good condition and maybe a changing table. I actually had to pull him away kicking and screaming at one tag sale b/c he wanted to stay and play on the ride on toys. The next 2 tagsales we stopped at I actully left the windows down and kept him in the car on the phone with Mimi and Papa (Grammy and Grampy) Next time I will plan to leave him home with Greg or find a sitter for tag sale outings. I am new to tagsailing. This was actually my first time. But I have quite a few freinds who have made out quite well with stuff on the cheap in good condition or even for free...are you supposed to haggle with these people and try to bargain them down? I did end up buying 2 board books for $1 and a Melissa and Doug wooden cube puzzle for $2 but I did not try to bargain...should I have? I know C3 has had good luck she found a cozy coupe for $5 and another friend found a wagon and a cozy coupe for free. Pretty cool!

I will post pictures from our stawberry picking adventure soon. Oh did I mention we went out to lunch after and Ryan and Greg both had stawberry stains all over their clothes.....gotta love oxy clean that stuff gets anything out!

Pregnancy update-

Feeling much better. Now 15 weeks had a great check up last week got to hear a strong heart beat right away. Still apprehensive about the delivery I still have 3 more months to decide but I am leaning towards another c/s with this one. I was a bit discouraged b/c I lost weight since my last prenatal check up but I am hopefull to start gaining soon now that the extreme nausea thankfully has passed and my appetite ahs improved. It was a bit concerning for me though b/c I am down 5 lbs at the same check with Ryan but I guess every pregnancy is different ,y Dr is not concerned. Still a bit tired but so glad to have the nausea hopefully past us for good. Dealing with a few other issues now but very minor. We have our level 1 u/s in a month yay and if the baby is cooperative will hopefully find out the sex! I would really rather be surprised but Greg really wants to know so I guess we will most likely find out. I am happy to say I am also taking part in a research study at yale looking at stress levels of pregnant women. Very interesting. Since I have recently conducted a diabetes research study here at work I am very open to helping others find our more through medical research. It is a totally non-invasive study looking more at behaivor and thought patterns as well as stress levels through out pregnancy. Interesting... I am hoping it will be worth the time spent. More updates to follow..... But finally things are really starting to look up!

1 comment:

Erin Flynn said...

Glad you are starting to feel better, Jen! Here's a tip for strawberry picking - my mother dressed us in red from head to toe so that the stains wouldn't be visible. Maybe you can dress Ryan (and Greg?) in red next time!!!