Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Total Mutiny.....No Naps for Ryan!

Mutiny Mutiny Mutiny!
Ryan has decided since we returned home from Florida that he does not need a nap...AT ALL! Yeah I am not kidding. It has been torture for me but he is happy as a clam and does not appear tired. Bedtime has been pushed up to 7 PM (thank goodness) and he goes down without a peep...very strange. But absolutely no naps. I desperately left him in his car seat parked in the garage today b/c he fell asleep on they way home from playtime village so I just left him there I even ran out every 5minutes to check on him and the little rebellion....after only a short 45 minutes his little eyes were open and he was babbling away all by his lonesome in the car so of course I picked him up and took him out and he appeared well rested. Geeze can anyone help me? It is strange b/c he actually did nap on vacation and I don't know what happened but since we have been home no naps??? What is up? I am exhausted! Can't get anything done.

The Bunkettes
So I went to play Bunko on Monday night with some moms in the neighborhood. I had never heard of the game before but apparently it is big here in Fairfield. Once a month the "bunkettes" get together and play this mindless dice game, chat about our children and about life, sip cocktails, and sample hor dourves. It was so much fun! I felt so privileged to be asked to join in. And all of the women at Bunko are young new moms with 1-2 young children and the best part is they all live in Fairfield and most in the neighborhood. I even got invited to another playgroup for Ryan. I told Greg that I have more friends in Ct since Ryan has been born than I had before we had him. He has given he quite the active social life.

New Words
Why is it that only the mom can understand the language of their toddler? Ryan talks a lot but to some they may just think he is babbling nonsense but he is actually attempting to communicate with almost every word that comes out of his little mouth. Like for example he looked at the shower this morning and said "waer" and I knew he was saying water but to most it was not as obvious. He also says "cole" for cold. Today he picked up the phone put it to his ear and said "eeeooo" for hello also relatively new. Loves to talk on the phone will actually talk to Grammy and Grampy on the phone babbling away for nearly 15 minutes.

Other New Happenings
Ryan will follow simple directions, participate and listen more tenativly in music class (used to just wander aimlessly not wanting to participate)
Will sing in the car and make animal sounds like "moo" for cow, and "quack, quack" for duck when the animal songs come on (his favorite).
Points and squeals "Dog, dog"! I swear he has x-ray vision. Will spot a dog a mile away and point and shout in delight. Ryan loves dogs of any kind.
Now will occasionally pet Dylan with gently hands as opposed to terrorizing the poor puppy.
If asked by Daddy "who and I"? replies Dada. If asked "who am I" by mama or anyone else for that matter replies "Dada" I guess it is a default answer to the question.
Ryan is cutting his eye teeth...not drooling quite as much this week.

It is supposed to be gorgeous tomorrow near 50 degrees we hope to run around at the park and attempt an afternoon nap. Hopefully maybe if I am luck I will get an hour to myself....keep your fingers crossed.

No comments: