Friday, March 14, 2008

Lost....my voice that is...

So I totally woke up this morning without a voice. I was feeling under the weather over this past weekend and by Monday I was feeling better. Wednesday I had a girls night out in a loud restaurant and we were kinda shouting...Yesteray I was a bit hoarse and today absolutley nothing... I miss my voice moslty because I use it often. Ryan looks at me in a strange way I guess I was sort of clenching my throat to talk to him today and he looked at me all worried clenching his throat..it was adorable. But seriously Greg is away in London and its just the boys and I minus my voice. It is also very difficult at work too. The Dr's can't hear me, my MA can't hear me and the patients can't hear me. I can't even talk on the phone. Ironically Greg called me today and it was noisy in the background on his end and he could not hear me (he didn't know I lost my voice). I guess you don't realize how much you really use something until it is gone. Hopefully it will return soon.

So yeah Greg is off traveling again. He is coming home for the weekend though, yipee! But sadly is leaving again for India on Sunday..but at least he will be home for Easter. We plan on heading up North to spend Easter with the Flynn's :)

The Ladies Man
So Wed we had a playdate at Katy's and I think I have mentioned before that most of Ryan's little friends are indeed ladies. He is such a charmer and just loves to hug everyone. He would try to gently give the girls hugs or touch their arms to hold hands and they would push him away. We have been practicing "gentle" with him on Dylan so he will learn to pet Dylan gently. I think it is sinking in (we hope). But yeah the girls don't seem to want hugs from Ryan. Oh and Sophia and Ryan stole Katy's keys and stood at her front door for what seemed like forever trying to stick the key in the lock. I wish I had taken a picture! It was really cute. Lately he is obsessed with my keys. I really have to disarm my car alarm because he almost always sets it off! It is really enbarrasing because I don't know how to turn it off so I just sit there like an idiot waiting for it to go off.

Easter Basket
Anyone have any good ideas for Ryan's Easter Basket?
I was thinking of putting in the following items:
new tooth brush
toothpaste
new bunny blanket
maybe a new outfit for spring
a new CD
toy magnet for the fridge
socks
cheddar bunnies
new puzzle or board book

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Enjoy the warm weather!

3 comments:

Jenny G said...

Sorry you lost your voice. I hate when that happens. BTW, that's an awesome list for Easter items. I'll be getting about the same stuff. The only thing I'm adding is one of those stuffed animal backpacks. I thought I'd never buy/use one with Ava, but I think once she wants to walk more than ride in a stroller, I'll need to have extra security to prevent her running off from me. Still feels weird that it's kind of a kiddie "leash"....oh well. It's a cute monkey bag and she seems to already love it (saw it when I bought it).

Christina said...

Those are great items for the basket -- ours is pretty similar! We also have paints, a doodle roll of paper, a painting smock and bubbles!

Hope you had a great weekend!

Christina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.