Wednesday, March 19, 2008

He's gone Dada Crazy!

Dada...Dada...Dada....is all that Ryan has been saying since Daddy left for the far east. He gets up in the morning and goes running over to Greg's side of the bed and says "Dada" and looks at me it breaks my heart. In the car today "dada, dada" I really think he misses Greg. But he will be home in 2 days...HOORAY! I never thought I would survive being left alone with Ryan while Greg is off traveling for work but it gets easier and easier and Ryan and I find things to do and of course I have my snuggle bunny Dylan to cuddle with at night after Ryan goes to bed....what would I do without little Dylan?

So the begging for food thing is getting a little worrisome....I am worried that we have Ryan trained like a dog...you know the kind that beg and whine for food literally every time you sit down with something to eat. Well that has been happing more and more lately. I really started taking notice during our trip to Florida. Everytime some one in the house sat down with a snack or a plate of food there was Ryan right beside them with a little whine "uhmm...hmmm..hmmmm"...begging for a bite. And he will go up to complete strangers as well like at the airport waiting at the gate people around us were snacking and one little girl had some goldfish crackers and there was Ryan right beside her "hmmm...hmmmm..ing" away begging for some. The mom thought it was really cute and was more than willing to share but Greg and I were quite embarrassed. By the looks of Ryan you can tell we do not starve the poor little guy. But yesterday it was apparent again. We had a playdate with some of the babes from the neighborhood (some moms I met at Bunko) and 2 of the moms were eating some blueberry cake and there was Ryan begging for a taste after he had already eaten 2 yes count them 2 entire snack traps filled with puffs the host mom had handed to the babes (baby snack I have not given to him since he was 7 months old or so...apparently a real treat for him) he would not even share he hijacked both snack traps and ate them all and I specifically gave him a snack on the walk over to prevent this (an entire snack trap of grapes an 8 oz sippy cup of milk and a stick of cheese)! Again it was quite embarrasing so I do not know what to do. This cannot go on or he will continue to beg for food. Like I said earlier Ryan will grow up to be the little chubby kid at school who steals everyones food and lunches! A friend of mine suggested maybe I am not giving him enough fat in his diet b/c he eats lots of fruits and veges but I give him whole milk and full fat yogurt and cheese. I don't want to pump my child with lard then he will really ballon up! Any suggestions? I plan to bring it up to the pedi at his 18 month check next month. But we need some help....it seems to be getting worse. People must think he is starved. It has gotten really bad with the sitter too. I pack him a ton of food and he still ends up eating a ton more. Oh and Monday I had a chocolate bar on the dining room table and I was getting dinner all of a sudden I heard silence and I knew the little squirt was up to no good. I peered in the dining room and there was Ryan perched on the chair with a chocolate bar in his hand (Greg brought home chocolate from London...Yum) and he had a big piece of chocolate in his mouth. What amazes me is that he knew to peel back the wrapper. I had not eaten this in front of him I dug into it one night after hew as asleep but the little food thief stole a taste. I find myself secretly eating after he goes to bed or when he is napping b/ I don't want him to see me eating and beg for a taste....HELP!

New words this week
Baby
Broccoli
"a bee" not sure what this is maybe baby?
"pease"for please
What does the sheep say? "ba ba"


On another note I wanted to thank my parents for coming up last night to keep me company and help with the kitchen renovations. We are stripping the wall paper and the tile and countertops are ordered so hopefully we will start the project as soon as the supplies arrive. Thanks mom and dad for coming to help!

I will upload some new pics of Ryan soon. I just got my computer back it was being repaired after Ryan ripped some of the keys off. Hope everyone has a very Happy Easter!

3 comments:

mccashew said...

Caroline is a total begger too and I promise you that she is also eating quite enough without needing to become a human seagull flying around stealing from people's plates, but she does. Maybe it just has more to do with having things that other people have? I don't know?

Glad Greg will be home soon - you are my HERO! Steve is gone not next week but the week after for a work conference and YOU are my inspiration to get through that week on my own. The most I have done to date is a couple nights.

Thanks for the update on the renovations too! Sounds like things are moving. We should talk kitchens!!

Can't wait to see some new photos!!!

Jenny G said...

Oh, Jen, I wouldn't worry about the begging, but if you think it might help, (you may already do this) maybe tell him "no, this is mamma's", "here's Ryan's"..we do this with Ava because she also wants what others have (btw, I think it's just a stage as modeling is a big phase at this age and that includes eating). We're also working on "share" with Ava as she's now learning "mine" (well, not the word, but she reacts by shoving or dodging others requests for items,etc.)

I can't wait to see updates on you all AND the kitchen!

Happy Easter!

Christina said...

Hi! Does Kerri have your email? We are moving to Fairfield - you are there, right?!
Lets chat!