Monday, March 31, 2008

My New Dog Dow Dow!

Ryan has given Dylan (formerly "Diyya") a new name. His new name is now "Dow Dow"! At least we think that is what he is calling him. He also has this daily ritual of standing over Dylan's water and food bowl and shouting and pointing "Dow Dow" and some other mumbled phrases. We are not quite sure what he is saying but he started doing it over the weekend and has done it the past 3 days now. Not sure why he calls Dylan "Dow Dow" now either but it is quite entertaining at least!

There has finally been an end to the mutiny and Ryan is finally eating better. We think it was definitley his teeth and his nose has stopped running like a faucet too. I caught a quick glimse in his mouth and both eye teeth are almost all the way in. He now has a full set of teeth up top and we are waiting for 2 more down the bottom plus his 2 year molars. I am thinking maybe we should bring him to the dentist soon I will have to check at his 18 month visit next month. I have lots of questions for the Dr. mainly I want to know what he thinks about the begging for food issue....

This morning Ryan woke a little before 7 and I though "oh no'! I had not eaten my breakfast...I try to avoid eating in front of him especially in my work clothes because then I end up sharing my bowl of oatmeal with him and he ends up eating most of it and I end up starving by the time I get to work and him and I are wearning most of it. So I try very hard to eat before he wakes up to avoid this on work days and Greg had an early flight for work today and was gone before we got up.....so I grabbed the monitor and ran down stairs to eat in a flash. I noticed he did not cry he was mumbling in the crib and talking talking away. So cute...anyways I saw him lean over the crib and grab a book from the ottoman and he sat in his crib reading for 1/2 hr!!!! Quietly reading Shiny Dinah (A choo choo train book we read before bed every night) This bought me more than enough time to eat breakfast and get dressed and dry my hair! I normally don't let him play in his crib b/c I want him to associate the crib with sleep but I thought hey why not escpecially since Greg was not there to help in the morning and getting out the door on time can be a bit of a challenge. I hope he does this more often!

Other wise we had a quiet weekend at home. Not too much going on. Oh we found a great toddler park about 1 mile from the house that Ryan really enjoyed. They had a bit more stuff geared towards children of this age group compared to the park across the street. Our tile and counter tops should hopefully be arriving sometime next week and the work will begin. It has been slow moving getting things ordered from Lowes. But that is soemthing to look forward to. Greg and I enjoyed our fun night out on Saturday. We went to Ola Martini's it is a Carribean/latin themed restaurant in Orange. It was really yummy and then we went to Friendly's for dessert yum. It was great to get out. Hope everyone has a great week.

1 comment:

Jenny G said...

Dow Dow? So cute!

BTW, I admit I have given up on the "no toys in bed" rule as she started having more in her crib while I was away at the hospital. Jeff started giving her books in bed and she'll stay there "reading" for SO long, too. But these days?? She begs for little toys or...her hairbrush. Odd I know..