Monday, March 10, 2008

Finally Back on Track

So Ryan is finally back on track with the napping thank goodness starting Friday took a nap for Polina. Over the weekend I was feeling a bit under the weather so Greg took care of Ryan most of the weekend ( I have such a supportive hubby!) and thankfully he napped really well for him. And surprisinly adjusted to the daylight savings time change quite well....although we did do everything an hour or so later yesterday. Woke up an hour later, lunch, nap, dinner and bedtime all approximately an hour later mostly my fault though.

Kitchen renovation update
Started ripping down the hideous wallpaper in our kitchen. Had a contractor come and measure for our new counter tops and tile backsplash. Now trip 3 to Lowes (sans baby...get so much more accomplished minus the distractions) Ryan will only sit in the cart if it is moving. We tried letting him out and then he didn't not want to get back in during our last trip to Lowes which was a nightmare....Ryan was really overtired. Shopping with a toddler in a hardware store is quite interesting to say the least and can be quite dangerous at times. Anyways we almost have the tile picked out for our back splash got it narrowed down to 2 choices (hooray!) picked out the countertop and narrowed down the paint choices. We are taking small baby steps and plan on renovating one room at a time. Hopefully plan to really get started in the next few weeks.

Updates
I feel like I have a baby parrot at home everything we say/do is somehow repeated Ryan style! For example I was feeling under the weather over the weekend and if I coughed...Ryan did a little fake cough, if I blew my nose...Ryan pretended to take a tissue and blow his nose! As my mom says they learn by example and it is so true!
New words
moo! for what does the cow say.
ehwo for hello
boots
bat for bath
still signing eat for hungry
will now point to fridge if thirsty for milk
will blow on his food if it is hot
says cole if food is cold
all gone
beep beep when we get into the car
I heard him actually say car for the first time
wawa for apple ?not sure where that came from.

Looking forward to warmer weather! I can feel it already I have spring fever. Have a great week!

2 comments:

Christina said...

Ryan has to meet Christian! They seem like two peas in a pod!

mccashew said...

Christian and Ryan would be such good friends! =)

Glad to hear the naps have returned and that daylight savings went ok, us too! YIPPEE!!!

Good luck with your renovating, we are just about to do similar updating in our kitchen. Should be interesting with the kids, but think of the payoff at the end. I cannot wait.

We seriously need to get together Jen!