Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Happy 60th Birthday Grammy!

Happy 60th Birthday Grammy (Fri)! We had such a wonderful weekend at Grammy and Grampy's. What a way to end the summer with a wonderful family barbeque celebrating Grammy's 60th Birthday. She did not want a big fancy party so we just celebrated quietly with family. We also treated mom to dinner on Sunday. The boys enjoyed a close glimpse of Tiger Woods at the Deutsche Bank Gold Tournament while Ryan and the ladies enjoyed some shopping an afernoon nap and a relaxing walk. We had such a wonderful visit and we appreciate all that my parents do for us. Greg and I even got to slip away to the movies.....the first time since Ryan has been born. Mom hope you had a fantastic birthday! We loved spending the weekend home with you, Dad, and Uncle Freddie!!

Each time I leave Agawam it makes me want to move back home. I cherish every second spent with my family and..... especially since is here Ryan..... we do someday hope to move back to MA so he can be closer to both sets of Grandaprents and his family there. I am getting a little down about Greg's upcoming travel plans...He is leaving for the cape on Friday for a bachelor party, then to Costa Rica, then the following weekend to Colorado and from there to Mexico so the boys and I will be holding down the fort alone for quite some time. It is times like these that make me ever so grateful that I only have to work 2 days a week because it is a tremendous challenge getting out of the house without Greg and it is so lonely coming home after a hard days work to an empty house! Okay enough boo-hooing!

Ryan is growing and changing everyday. He is becoming a bit "spoiled" in some ways and will screech out with a sort of disagreeable face with a wrinkled nose and furrowed brow if he A)wants more food B) touches something he is not suppossed to, and/or C) if we take something away from him such as keys, phone, remote or sunglasses. He is also becoming somewhat of a climber too...he climed on top of a 12 pack of snapple (with supervison of course) to touch the knob onthe cabinets, he climbed 6 stairs at Polina's last week and tries to climb up the couch and ottoman. Yikes I just hope he does not start climbing out of the crib at night. Yesterday he almost took his first step.....he now stands alone for long periods of time and contemplates how he will get from point A to point B.... Should I crawl, scoot, or cruise? Well Yesterday he stood for what seemed like a minute and reached out his foot only to drop down to one knee and crawl....hmmmm my mom was there it was very close to taking his first step. We will see.... a lot of his little friends are already walking and I feel it is only a matter of time before he figures it out. We are totally not pushing this at all...I am enjoying the moment we are in now and I feel as though he is growing and changing so quickly almost too fast for me. I wish I could slow things down just a bit to catch my breath and take it all in. Life really does change with a baby...for the better of course! I can't imagine my life with out Ryan! We just love him more and more everyday!

I hope everyone enjoyed the long holiday weekend. We are sad to say goodbye to summer but are looking forward to Fall. Our favorite season of course because it is when Greg and I met and of course when Ryan was born. We look forward to the cooler crisp weather and seeing the leaves change. Hope everyone has a great week. Love to all. Hugs and Kisses

1 comment:

grammie sharon said...

thank you all for a very memorable birthday. It was so good to have everyone here for the visit. The house is very quiet now.

I dont know how you manage with the bundle of DUMPLING energy 24 hrs a day. You are such a good mom

Love mom