Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Fun in the Sun

Today we had a really fun playdate with Ryan's little friend Maya who is 14 months old. We went to Lake Mohegan for some fun in the sun. So funny because the first time Greg and I brough Ryan to the sprinkler park and inthe water at lake Mohegan Ryan was NOT that into the sprinklers or the water and screeched if we dipped his feet or put him down near the sprinklers.....welll today it was another story. I believe it was because Maya was enjoying the sprinklers and because Maya got into the lake up to her chest. Believe me the water was not not all that warm. But they had tons and tons of fun. It is so funny how children pick up things just from watching other children. And I just have to add once again Ryan will be that little chubby kid at school who will eat everyone else's food because today Maya's mom had brough a little snack of grapes and cheerios for Maya and Ryan did not want anything to do with his sippy cup and cheerios I had brought for him...oh no he wanted Maya's cheerios and Maya's grapes. So funny Maya's mm had handed some grapes over to me to peel for Ryan and he would not eat them from me he would only eat them from Maya's mom and I have to say Grapes are really annoying to peel how sweet of her mom to do it for Ryan.

Yesterday we had a fun filled day with Caroline. Went over her hosue for lunch and Ryan and Caroline chased each other all aroudn the house. Caroline is walking now I can't believe it and she is so steady on her feet and she can walk all around her house without getting tired. Ryan did not take his eyes off her Greg and I think he will be walking very soon but we are not pushing it at all! We enjoyed a relaxing stroll around boothe memorial park and then headed home for a much needed nap.

Tonight I decided to make some baked apples with cinnamon and baked sweet potato for Ryan to try as finger foods. I have to say I tried the baked cinnamon apple myself and they were so so yummy I hope Ryan will like them. We have been branching out this past week and this week with new finger foods. He started throwing his peas and carrots last night so i figured it was time for something new. Ryan loves pirate booty...I know not that nutritious only after he eats his veggies of course. Tonight I steamed him some yummy kale for tomorrow....yeah he does love it I mix it with plain yogurt. He also had bits of super mushy steamed broccoli with parmasan cheese which he loved and small pieces of pork and pureed peas and applesauce. For lunch I gave him bits of cheese and small pieces of bread because he kept eyeing my turkey and cheese sandwich. Of course he always wants what I have he did also have some pirate booty for lunch but only after his carrots and yogurt. Some ask me why I bother making all Ryan's food but the truth is I love doing it knowing that his nutrition is coming from the best whole food sources.

So I think I may be leaving Ryan for the first time ever with my parents next month for a wedding Greg and I are attending in North Carolina for friends of ours. Greg is the best man and there are so many wedding festvities planned it sort of stresses me out a bit to bring Ryan but I do worry because he has never been away from me for more than 10 hours at a time not overnight yet. I do have some frozen milk but not enough for the entire weekend so I have decided to pump each night before bed to store some more milk for Ryan in hopes it will not throw me into oversupply again but I doubt it. I decided not to start Ryan on cow's milk early and will wait until after his first birthday so for now I will pump a little extra each day so he will have breastmilk. Gotta love my medela pump could not live without it! I am so not a fan of my advent hand pump...takes way too long. So gotta get pumping now.

Have a great weekend. Love to all.

Jen and Ryan

No comments: