Wednesday, September 5, 2007

So full of energy...HELP!!

Ryan Alexander is sooo full of energy and is constantly on the move... more so now than ever before. He absolutely refuses his exersaucer now which he once loved and would at least allow me to put him in there for 10- 20 minute intervals at least while I fixed his meals.....well now he protests with that lovely Aaaahhhh Aaahhhhh(get me out of here now! unattractive little squeal!) What on earth am I going to do. I am starting to panic in anticipation of Greg's upcoming travel plans so I am thinking of resorting back to the Fairfield University student for a little help just so I can get some stuff done around the house. What is a mother to do?

I am grateful that for the most part Ryan is a good napper it is the only thing that keeps me sane. I can actually sit for a minute to catch my breath, perhaps use the bathroom or get a drinkof water. Running after a toddler all day long really really wears you out. I am hoping my parents can handle him for 4 days when we go to NC at the end of the month. He is literally like the energizer bunny tenfold. I mean for example just a few of the ridiculous things he did today: Crawled under is leap frog learning table (that I strategically placed between the couch and the loveseat in front of an end table) and wedged himself under the end table in between a wooden rocking chair to try and grab lord only knows what, dumped his toys out of his little basket turned the basket upside down using the basket as a stool and tried to climb up the baby gate from the living room to the kitchen (which by the way little Dylan our 8 lb maltese has learned to jump over...yeah I know ridiculous I should enter the two of them into the circus!), wiggled and squeezed himself behind the big TV to touch the electrical wires, trid to jump off the changing table during a diaper change (now my biggest challenge of all he will not stay still not even for a second so I can change his diaper)... wants to be on the move, even while nursing I have to give him something in his hands to keep him occupied and as soon as he is done nursing he shimmies away from me out of my arms and squirms down the couch or chair to get away. Ha ha this child is incredible I think he has super powers. I have caught him doing these mischievous little baby haunts before but today was an extreme in terms of getting into mischief and tiring me out. How do parents do it with other little ones? Thank god the little menace is asleep.... well he should be tired after all that he has gotten into today I know I am tired.

Oh yeah I failed to mention this child is a vacuum when it comes to eating no sooner can I get enough food on his tray and he is doing that unattractive little squeal for more.....how much can one 10 month old eat? For breakfast he nursed and nursed then had a huge bowl of oatmeal followed by some plums and nectarines and of course cheerios. For lunch he had kale, butternut squash, yogurt, grapes (which I could not cut up fast enough, so I gave up and shoved some in a self feeder twice, and pirate booty, and for dinner he had green beans, butternut squash, garlic ciabatta, zucinni, and summer squash and kept eyeing my salmon wanting more. He even squealed because I refused to give him some salmon. He would eat and eat if he could but there has to be a limit. I fear he wil be that chubby little boy eating everyone else's lunch at school.

Well off to bed hope things are a bit calmer tomorrow we are going to hit the farmer's market for some fresh veggies yum yum. Talk to you all soon.

1 comment:

grammie sharon said...

GOOD LORD---Grammpa Fred, Uncle Freddie, and Grammie sharon had better get alot of rest these next 2 weeks, so we can keep up with DUMPLING. We will be fine. Uncle Freddie was a big help this past weekend playing with him.


Love Grammie Sharon