Monday, September 10, 2007

Greatest Baby Milestone Conquered YEAH Ryan!!!

So it is official Ryan is walking!! This is the most exciting news all day for me!!! I can hardly believe it and I am so so happy for Ryan...YAY!! He took 3 steps for Polina today with his arms up in the air and a huge smile on his face! I am a little sad I was not there to witness his first steps...but I am so glad Polina was there to see it she just loves Ryan so much! I was so excited to share the news with all of you. I hope he does it tomorrow so I can see too.

Another exciting moment today Greg stopped by the office on his way home from the cape. It was only for a few minutes but I was so happy to see him before he left for Costa Rica! He even stopped by Polina's to say hello to Ryan and he was the first to hear the big news about Ryan walking! Little Dylan was so happy to see daddy too when he stopped by the house briefly to unpack only to re-pack again.

Day 3 without Greg went smoothly the morning was a little tough getting out the door trying to manage a little monkey (Ryan) and a little gerbil (Dylan) nicknamed by Greg because Dylan scurries around like a little gerbil...hehe. By the way the little monkey climbed up the stove and pulled on the handle to the oven door and surprisingly opened it!! I am not sure who was more surprised that he opened the oven door him or I! Thank goodness that it was not on! My mission this weekend will be to find some sort of latch to prevent him from doing this again!

So Yay for Ryan I cannot believe he is no longer a baby but officially a toddler! I have a lot of mixed emotions part of me is so happy for Ryan that he is walking he is more mobile to explore the world with his curious little feet and part of me is so so sad because he is no longer that little baby boy. It seems like this past year had gone by so fast!!! What a whirlwind I can barley take a second to catch my breath. It seems like just yesterday I was pregnant waiting for his arrival and here he is walking now and turning one next month. Time truly flies by when you are having fun. A baby truly changes your life for the better there is no better feeling in the world than being a mommy! How exciting to be so happy for your child you want to cry to share in his life's accomplishments and to think this this is only the begining of a whole bunch of FIRSTS!

Have a great week. I will keep you updated on the new development!!

XOXO Ryan

2 comments:

Erin Flynn said...

YAY!!! I can't believe our little guy is already walking. Watch out, Jen - your little monkey is going to be able to get into even more trouble now!

Unknown said...

What a genius our Ryan is!