Saturday, September 8, 2007

Ryan Likes to Party!

I have to apologize for the lack of new photos since our trip to the Cape but Ryan was fiddling with my camera and now it is not working:( I really wish I had the camera today at this wild birthday party!!! Ha Ha. Anyways we went to Ryan's third first birthday party for one of his little friends and I have to say this party was fantastic... fully catered complete with a tent, pony, 2 jump and slide bouncers one for the bigger kids and one for the babies, a popcorn machine, cotton candy machine, a snow cone machine, a tunnel/tent play area, party hats, favors, noise makers, cake and much more! Yes this party was bigger than our wedding (just kidding) but seriously Ryan's eyes were popping out of his little head! He and his little friend Caroline had a blast at the party they rode on the pony, crawled thought he tunnel maze and played in the bouncer. Ryan just loved the bouncer Caroline on the other hand was not too fond of the bouncer. My master plan for the day worked...I wanted to get Ryan so tired out in the AM so he would take a long nap before the party because I was worried how I would manage an over tired baby sans Greg but thankfully I managed to totally wear him out this morning and he took a 2 1/2 hour nap prior to the party and was such a happy baby and ready to party hardy.

So Day 1 without Greg has not been too bad so far but I do miss his company especially after Ryan goes to bed at night. The house is very quiet now. Dylan is napping on the ottoman while I type and Ryan is in bed and there is no good TV on. Greg did call and him and the boys are having fun golfing. Too bad I will miss seeing him before he leaves for Costa Rica...He leaves on Mon and I will be at work. I do seem to be more productive since Greg is not here. I can't wait until he comes home on Wed...but only for 3 days before leaving again.

So I was thinking for a brief moment about throwing a wild and crazy party for Ryan's first birthday but it just seems like too much for a little person who is not even old enough to realize what a birthday really is.... so I will wait until he is a little older...so no big party just a family party and I am planning a mommy and me Halloween party during the week to celebrate his birthday with a few close friends. I thought it would be cute to see his little friends all decked out in their Halloween costumes. Ryan is going to be a Lion his costume is soooo cute too! Dylan will be Toto...only white. Halloween is now becoming a fun and exciting holiday with Ryan. Have not really celebrated Halloween since college... back in the day we used to dress up and go to wild parties at Umass...My my how times have changed that seems like so long ago. Now our lives are consumed with changing little diapers- albeit quite a challenge lately, sippy cups- BPA free of course...my what controversy, kid friendly snacks, and playdates! I am loving being a mom and I feel so lucky everyday to have Ryan in our lives!

Well enjoy the rest of the weekend....can't wait till Greg returns but until then I have the boys to keep me company! Miss you all.

XOXO Ryan Alexander

1 comment:

Erin Flynn said...

A family party sounds great for Ryan's first bday! I really don't like horses, so a pony-free party is okay with me...