Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Kiddie Concert on the Green

Today we went to our first PBJ kiddie concert on the Sherman Green. It is every Wed on the green. I thought oh I will get there early at noon and get a good spot...Ha all the good parking was already taken but I got lucky and found a sweet spot on the street. The place was packed! It was really fun but very hot. We met some of our friends there today. Two are sick so it was Ryan and Sophia today. They were both jamming and dancing away. Ryan's favorite spot was sitting in Sophia's stroller. My master plan worked we all know Ryan would rather snack then eat lunch while visiting with his friends. Since the concert was not until 12:30 I fed him lunch here first and packed my lunch and brought lots of snacks. He ate an entire half of grilled cheese and barely touched his cheddar bunny snack trap at the concert....while I sat and enjoyed my lunch. Oh and of course I forgot my camera but Ryan also got to meet cookie monster. It was so cute Ryan did not want to give cookie monster a hug but he did pet him nicely. Poor cookie monster must have been ready to pass out in that get up on a hot humid day like today.

Other news over the weekend Ryan had his first time out! He actually started for the road (terrifying) I said NO! we do not go near the road and he looked at me with a grin and took off. I chased after him and told him he was going in time out. I had to hold him on the deck stairs as he cried for an entire minute but I think he learned his lesson he did not go back towards the road again. Auntie Erin told us he was old enough for time out and it worked. I am thinking of getting the book 123 Magic for discipline guidance as we approach the terrible two's...I think we are there already.

Trip #3 to the pedi in just 10 days... hypocondriach mom maybe? Anyways Ryan had been itching and rubbing his eyes and his rash on his face hands arms and neck was getting worse too so I thought it was time for another visit not to mention yesterday morning he had rubbed his eye so vigorously the pink membrane under his lid has swelled into the white of his eye it was scary looking. His whole eye was red and swollen. Of course and hour later when we got to our app the eye looked totally fine....but he still had the rash. Call me crazy but better to be safe than sorry. So the diagnosis was bilateral allergic conjunctivitis or allergy eyes. And the rash... Mimi was right as always prickly heat...the treatment....allergy eye drops for the eyes and witch hazel and cornstarch baby powder for the rash. The rash is worse today from the heat but it is nice to know it is pretty benign.

Pregnancy update...17 weeks now and feeling so much better. My appetite has returned and I am so much less nauseous now a bit tired but I can deal with that! This pregnancy is finally starting to be pleasant and feel not like I can start and get some things ready for the new baby. We still have a lot of work to do and we need to clean our basement and make room for baby/toddler stuff. I am getting anxious to get the room ready for the baby and clean out one of my dressers for newborn clothes. Maybe we can get some stuff done when Granddad and Grammie come for a visit this weekend. Looking forward to seeing you guys.

Stay cool!

1 comment:

Jenny G said...

Oh, so scary about Ryan almost running into the road! Yes, they are getting rebellious! Ava too! I might try timeout by holding her on the spot (never thought of that..wondered how to get her to stay put). We'll see...

Good to hear you are feeling better each day and have an appetite again. I voted..girl. Just because the pregnancy is so different. Tyler and Ava's were so different and I just "felt" he was a boy :)

Can't wait to find out :) BTW, are you going to share the news?? I hope so :)