Friday, July 11, 2008

Baby Girl or Baby Boy??

So I guess the big question these days is Baby Girl or Baby Boy? Ryan will now point to my belly and say "bebe" It is so cute he actually knows something is up. Take the poll and let me know what you think!! I am curious to know what others think...

When we ask him "Ryan are we having a baby boy or a baby girl?"
He replies "yeah" "Okay but do you think it is a boy or girl?" Responds still with "Yeah" So no help from him. Funny though random people and friends have voiced their opinion we will have to wait a little longer to see who is right.

At first I really did not want to know I wanted it to be a surprise but Greg really wants to find out and now I am pretty eager too. We will have to wait a few more days though until our level 2 ultrasound next week. Of course most importantly we hope to find out the baby is healthy and if cooperative we hope to find out the gender. It was funny with Ryan we found out right away before she even started he was showing us his rear end with his legs wide apart...there was no mistaking it he was clearly a boy! Hopefully this one won't be too shy to let us take a peak too.

Other baby news I am starting to feel a little movement. Tiny arms and legs moving about. A little sooner than with Ryan. This pregnancy is just totally different all around. Still with some occasional nausea and fatigue but my appetite is much better now Greg and I even got Reese's sundaes the other night after little Ryan was in bed b/c we did not want to share for fear he might eat them all.

Speaking of that what is the verdict on peanut butter? I forgot to ask the pedi in my numerous visits the past 2 weeks. I recall earlier that he had mentioned wait until age 2 for peanut butter/peanut products or age 5 if you have a family history of a peanut allergy. I know Ryan has had walnuts, almonds, cashews and other nuts. Has also had numerous baked goods with nuts and I know Polina gives him slices of almonds almost everyday. I packed a soy nut butter and jelly sandwich today which he seems to like so I think he will really enjoy peanut butter someday just wondering what everyone else was doing on the peanut butter thing? And also what about shellfish like shrimp? Is that age 2 or 5? I do have an allergy to soft shell crab but not any other shellfish. Funny I had this strange aversion to all fish in the first trimester and now I am craving fish and light tuna...weird. I haven't tried tuna yet with Ryan but he does like salmon and mild white fish cod, tilapia.

Looking forward to our visit with Grammie and Gradddad this weekend. Ryan can't wait to see you guys! Have a great weekend.

No comments: