Friday, April 25, 2008

Picking out Toys at Target

Wednesday this week we headed out to Target in search of a beach hat and some other summer stuff. I was stopped in the outdoor toy isle picking up a little tykes beach ball sprinkler for Ryan for when the weather warms up. He was sitting in the shopping cart and all of a sudden I hear him "uhmm, uhmming" and pointing at a big yellow digger truck. (Kerri we have been reading the set you gave him for his b-day and his favorite is the book with all the trucks!)I picked up the box and looked at Ryan and I said "do you want that"? and he replied "ummm, ummm' pointing and signing for more so I handed the truck to him and his face lit up with a big huge smile. It truly was a magical moment. For the first time ever he actually picked out a toy and from the moment we brought the truck home and took it out of the box he has not stopped playing with it.

Also Ryan is still cutting his eye teeth and still not a happy camper. Eating a little better than earlier in the week but still not great. Actually today for the first time ever at drop off with Polina I actually pulled out of her drive way with him kneeling on the ground screaming for me not to leave. It was really heartbreaking. Polina assured me that he would be over it in a matter of seconds and to just leave or he would get worse so I listened to her and pulled away with my heart in my throat. Lately he has been so clingly and whiney due to the teething. I can tell he is so uncomfortable but I don't want to keep shoving more Motrin down his throat between the teething and the leg injury we have almost gone through an entire bottle in 3 weeks I am trying to gage back a bit. Ice cubes definitley help! I even bought sugary popsicles at target too to try if I get desperate. Any other suggestions? I can't wait only one more tooth to pop through and then we will be done for a while! These eye teeth have been a nightmare coming in. Ryan seems so uncomfortable.

Other new happenings around here. Ryan has a few new words: car key, doggie, wuv you, me do, bad dog (sounds like dow dow) favorite words include car, baby, and dada.
Lately has become obsessed with cars and absolutley has to sit in the driver seat if we are standing near my car or Greg's car. Also likes to play dress up with mommy's purse and shoes, also daddy's shoes. Likes to wear Daddy's hat. Ryan has also become more independant and will sit and play quietly on his own with Mr. Potato head, or his favorite books or his legos.

Thanks for all the well wishes. Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: