Wednesday, April 16, 2008

18 Month Stats

Ryan had his 18 month check today! I can't believe where the time has gone he is such a big boy now. Weighed in over 29 lbs up 1 lb from 3 months ago and stands at 34 inches tall! He got a clean bill of health...HOORAY! We are so thankful. We had a great visit with Dr. Strong he is the best! He even gave Ryan a special "horn" to play with and he was so delighted by this. The sheer joy onhis face and it kept him quite entertained for the entire physical exam. It was an empty paper towel ring and he kept blowing into it and speaking into it like a horn and Dr.Strong played along. You can tell he really loves children and he is a great Dr! It was the first check in 18 months where Ryan did not need any shots so it was a very very happy day today!

And after we left the check up we stopped by the Italian Deli (my favorite spot in town) for some lunch stuff and I stood Ryan up near the counter with all the meats and he took a few steps! This was huge b/c he has not walked in a nearly a week since the accident. I was so excited. The people in the deli just love Ryan and they know his name and the girl at the counter commented how she enjoyed seeing Ryan grow up.... I have been bringing him with me ever since he was a small baby. The staff is so personable there and they have the best meats there yum!

What else is new???? Did I mention Ryan was walking...sliding rather... down the steps earlier in the week and we told him to hang on to the railing and be careful and he looked back at us and replied "I know"! I almost fell down the stairs it was in perfect context too! His vocabulary has really taken off and we are all very impressed.

Ryan can now feed himself with a fork and spoon very well. He actually eats oatmeal a little on the thicker side and even soups thickened with butternut squash. It is quite impressive he used to make a big huge mess...well he still does...but at least now he actually gets most in his mouth. He barely lets us feed him anymore.

I love walking into Trader Joes and seeing the sheer delight on Ryan's face when I hand him a balloon! He just thinks it is the greatest thing in the entire world! He usually almost immediately lets it go and then points and goes "hmmm hmmm hmm" so I jump up and grab it. Then I usually end up tying it to the zipper on his coat so he can play with it while I shop. We now make it a weekley sometimes biweekly outing just to get the balloon and of course the frozen chocolate chip cookie dough for cookies I have been craving. Seriously you have to try them they are the BEST prepared chocolate chip cookies ever!

Glad the weather has finally warmed up here. We have been enjoying getting outside and seeing the flowers bloom and the robins scurrying around building their nests and the other signs of spring. Have a great week!

1 comment:

Jenny G said...

That is great news!! OMG, I can't believe he said "I know" So funny!