Friday, April 4, 2008

Keeping me on my toes!

So we had a scare yesterday and of coure it all happened literally as Greg and I were rushing around the house trying to get out the door for work on time (which almost never happens) Greg was cleaning up breakfast dishes and I ran upstairs to brush my teeth. Ryan must have wandered into the bathroom somehow during all of this and climbed up to grab a scented oil room freshner high up in the bathroom. Apparently he tipped it over and spilled it all over himself it was very questionable as to whether he may have injested some. We were not sure. It was almost empty and most of the oil was on the floor but it was all over his pants and his shirt and we tried to smell his breath and there was a faint odor...but who really knows. At this point the scented oil had permeated the entire downstairs and he had the fragrance saturated in his clothes. Just to be on the safe side I had Greg call the poison control. Luckily although it is not recommended for small childrent to eat the scented oil it is apparently non-toxic. The woman was not too worried and told us even if he did injest some it would not harm him (phew!). But to give him some water and check his mouth for irritaion. My what a scare I told Greg we really cannnot trust him not even for a second and we must know what he is doing at all times! It may have been the first call into the poison control center but I am sure it will certainly not be the last (I hope it is though)We promised each other to be more careful to make sure all the bathroom doors are closed at all times and he is always in sight!

I received a call from Polina- Ryan's babysitter at work and I gasped I thought oh no he had a reaction to the scented oil or something terrible happened. She rarely calls me at work! But no thank goodness she was calling to see if I wanted Ryan to spend the night with her seeing how he would be there in the morning again. Usually he is not there 2 days in a row but I am putting extra time in at the office this week some of the Dr's are away. So at first I said no b/c I would miss him and I really look forward to picking him up and putting him to bed. But after talkuing to Greg he changed my mind. He had been traveling so much and we really have not had a lot of time just the 2 of us so I decided to leave Ryan overnight. We ended up going to a very nice dinner Japenese Hibachi and then out for ice cream. It was such a fun night Greg and I felt so weird and all we did was talk about him the entire night. We wondered what he was doing several times throughout the night. I did not sleep well at all I was so afraid he would wake up scared and realize he was not in his bed at home. But when I dropped his lunch off in the AM he did not even want to give me a hug was too busy playing. Polina has a heart if gold and he loves being there with her and her family. I guess he slept like an angel from 8PM until a little after 7 straight! We are so lucky to have her to take such great care of Ryan. It is nice to know we can leave him there overnight should the need arise!

Other happenings this week. As mentioned earlier Ryan is teething big time and decided to bite his friend's cheek at a playdate this week. They boys were playing so nicely then all of a sudden Ryan leaned over to give Jack a hug and he decided to kiss him on the cheek...which then turned into a bite! Ouchie! Poor Jack! He screamed and cried and Ryan just stood there with his mouth wide open staring! Jack had a bruise on his face and his cheek was red. Not to mention I was completely mortified and felt I had to leave the playdate right then and there. Not sure why he decided to bite his friend...he sometimes playfully bites Greg and I but never another baby! I don't know if he feels the need to bite from teething as he is biting everything... even his crib. He even tried to bite a huge rock at the park the other day... major OUCH! That brought about a few tears. Not that I am trying to make excuses for the biting incident but I am just trying to understand why. Ryan is usually so kind and friendly towards his friends. Luckily he has not done it again but I still feel terrible about what happened. Any advice to nip this one in the bud before it becomes a real problem?

Looikiong forward to the weekend! I hear that Grammy and Grampy and Uncle Freddie may be paying us a visit Yay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de Plasma, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-de-plasma.blogspot.com. A hug.