Monday, May 12, 2008

A Mother's Day to Remember

What a wonderful Mother's day! Here are some of the highlights of my very special Mother's Day yesterday...

-Ryan slept in until 7:30 AM and woke up babbling in his crib (not crying out Mama! Upee!)I picked him up and hugged him tight telling him he was the best mother's day present any mother could ever wish for and he smiled in delight.

-Made it to my 8 AM gym class despite waking later than usual

-Enjoyed a long peaceful shower without inerruption while the boys were out to breakfast at Einstein Bagels and running last minute errands

-Got to eat my entire breakfast in peace without having to share more than half with Ryan.

-Had a wonderful visit with my parents and Uncle Freddie. One of the highlights of the day was celebrating mother's day with my mom.

-Enjoyed an outdoor BBQ grilled to perfection by Greg. Enjoyed celebrating Uncle Freddie's B-day with cheese cake and chocolate ricotta cake...yum

-Enjoyed a long afternoon nap

-Enjoyed all my very thougthful Mother's day gifts from everyone

-But the best part of the day was spending time with my family that is always the greatest gift of all. Thanks everyone for such a fantastic Mother's Day!

Hope all my mommy friends had a wonderful day too!

Oh just to recap Saturday too. Ryan and I took a trip to Stew Leonards Saturday morning. What an experience he got to see baby cows and sample a ton of delicous food. They have a ton of singing animals and farm people up and down the isles. It is such a cool pace for small children Ryan just loved the whole experience but I think his favorite part were the samples of cookies, cheesecake, guacamole, and hummus he got to try along the way. We were able to pick up lots of fixins for our mother's day feast plus a few extras for the week. They have the best ice cream/dairy products and meats there! I may just have to make another trip again soon! They have the best homeade rice cakes that really calm a queasy stomach!

Then we enjoyed a family dinner at Quatro Pazzi our favorite Italian place in town and if you get there early they are super kid friendly. The highlight of Ryan's dining experience was the Elmo/sesame street place mat and eating bread and ice cubes. Oh and him and I are huge fans of their parmesan crusted sole..Yum

Leaving for Kansas City soon. Excited to spend some adult time with friends and I know Ryan is looking forward to spending time with his grandparents! Have a great week.

No comments: