Thursday, May 15, 2008

Leaving for the midwest!

Today we head out to the midwest for the Isenburg/Patel wedding. We are very excited because we can't wait to spend some adult time together and catch up wtih some old friends. Meeta (Jonathan's fiancee) is so sweet and I cannot wait to meet her family. The couple have been planning a Hindu ceremony and I know Meeta has been back and forth to India picking out fabrics for the big day. I am sad to be leaving Ryan but I know his grand parents are more than thrilled to be spending quality time with him. It is so comforting to know that he does well without his parents for short periods of time. The last time we left him was for the same amt of time back in Sept for the MacKenzie/Molloy nuptials down in NC.

We had such a good morning and Ryan was such a good boy. He ate some toast with strawberry jam and had milk for breakfast and then he ran all around the house squealing in delight and giggling (I think he had a sugar rush from the stawberry jam). Then he found an oven mit and this was just the greatest thing ever. He ran around the kitchen iron chefing! We are certainly going to miss him very much! But thanks mom and dad for taking care of him you are the best!

So this pregnancy has been very different to say the least. Unfortunately I have not been feeling well at all and I am a little nervous about our trip b/c I do not feel much like socializing and staying out late these days. My dress barely fits and I feel like a blimp in it! I prefer to crawl into bed with some gingerale and call it a night starting about 7 PM or so. Greg has done an amazing job with Ryan these past few weeks and has been home every night to feed him (I gag feeding him his dinner) and give him his bath and put him to bed. I don't know what I would do without him. Basically after lunch it is all down hill. Te extreme nausea and sheer exhaustion hit me about 3 PM. Thankfully I am able to rest when Ryan naps. But the evenings are really horrible and I feel so so terrible. And I don't remember feeling quite this bad when I was pregnant with Ryan.

So I am a little worried that I may have to duck out of the evening festivities early some nights but I am sure everyone will understand. I will just make sure I have some crackers and gingerale on hand back at the hotel. I am hoping for an end to the nausea soon but I think it will be around for a while. Back to the Dr.s next week for another check I will keep you posted.

Ryan's new words this week:

Geeuck (for truck)
Elmo (his favorite)
Lila (one of his girlfriends)
Poo poo (when he has a dirty diaper)
moo moo (for milk)

No comments: