Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Playing in the snow!

We headed North this past weekend for a quick visit to see the Strattons. It was an early birthday celebration for me. Greg and I enjoyed dinner and a movie and my mom made me a birthday dinner and had a cake on Sunday. While we were visiting Ryan got to spend some time playing outside in the snow wearing his new snow boots. We have not had much snow here in CT. But up in Agawam they still have a good amount and got even more yesterday. Ryan held his grandparents hands for the first few steps but once he was sure of himself he was off and running! My parents have a big huge backyard for him to run around and play in. He must have tired himself out because he napped and slept really well while we were there. I wish I had got a few pictures of him playing in the snow but I have misplaced my camera charger and I MUST find it soon! I am missing out on so much.

We also stopped by the Saroglou's to meet Tyler on Saturday. He is so adorable and he looks just like Bernie. He is doing really well and his parents and grandparents are just beaming with joy! Congratulations to Lori and Bernie! Tyler will soon be running around chasing after Ryan! Glad he has a new little friend to play with.

Hooray Greg will be coming home today from his trip to Texas. We are so happy and we missed him so much even though it was a short trip. He will be tired though he has had conference calls with his boss over in India at 3 AM and this morning at 6 AM. Geeze! Hopefully he will get to sleep on the plane home.

Today Ryan and I met our friends Jen and Tyler over at the children's library. When we first arrived it was just us and another mom and her daughter but after an hour the place was packed there must have been at least 15 babies and mom's there. They have a gated baby play area called the Farm with soft padding and blocks for the babies to climb on. The rest of the floor is a designated children's library and there is a castle to climb in and a train to play in and lots of other fun things for children to do. Ryan just LOVES to RUN around here and he squeals in delight running all over. I practically have to corner him and pin him down when it is time to leave. Chasing after a busy highly energetic toddler is completely and utterly EXHAUSTING! But I am loving every minute of it!

So tomorrow is my birthday and I am so sad that I only have 365 more days left in my twenties....it has been the best decade of my life so far. I am really sad to be getting older I have really enjoyed life as a twenty something and I don't want to get any older. If I had one wish I really would like to hold time in a bottle for at least another five years! Not sure what the plans are for tomorrow so far I just have plans for Ryan's 15 month check in the morning. I think we will spend a quiet evening at home. Gotta rest up for the weekend. Miss everyone and hope you are all doing well.

Oh I did find my charger so I will post some new pictures soon!

This is what Ryan ate today:
for breakfast
1/4 banana, few slices of mango, pear, apple
1 scrambled egg
1 1/2 slices of cinnamon raisin toast with earth balance spread (no trans fat)
handful of Oatios (organic cheerios)
milk

mid morning snack
milk
few goldfish crackers (we were out and about)

Lunch
large serving of chicken soup: roasted chicken, chicken broth, few TBSP of roasted carrot puree and squash puree
milk

mid afternoon snack
Plain whole milk yogurt
spinach puree
few bites of my bluberry yogurt (he insisted!)

Dinner
1/2 chicken apple sausage (from Trader Joes minimally processed all natural no preservatives)
few bites of squash (I know he ate it for lunch...thought I would try)
apple/apricot sauce (no sugar added)
milk, water

1 comment:

mccashew said...

happy birthday!!!! We are leaving our twenties this year and I agree, it has been the BEST decade, but I am trying to think positively that with Caroline in our lives now, our thirties are going to be even better than our twenties =) Hope that helps and THANKS for writing about Ryan's meals. I am getting great ideas from reading your lists!