Friday, November 9, 2007

Ryan's First Haircut

2007-11-09 Ryan 12 months


So Wednesday I decided to give Ryan's wavy locks a little snip...frankly I was tired of Greg always saying he had a mullet in the back. I really wanted no part in getting his haircut at all but one of Ryan's favorite past times involves him twirling his fingers around the hair near his ears in his highchair while he is eating thereby leaving caked on broccoli, melted cheese, sweet potato (whatever he happens to be eating that day) becomes permanently embedded in his sideburns until bath time. So yes we decided to give him a little trim. Surprisingly he sat still and those curious little fingers tried to grab the scissors a few times...gotta love toddlers with sharp objects. Anyways we managed to get through the first haircut but looking back now I feel so bad for poor Ryan. I took way too much off the top and left most of the mullet in the back..oh well as Greg says it will grow back right?! He is still cute even if now he has a bigger forehead. I think through all of this I have learned a valuable lesson that is to have your child's haircut be done by a professional or risk having them walk around with a "bowl cut on top and a mullet in the back" Checkout the pictures and see for yourself I really did not get a good picture of the back but I will try and get one for another post.

On another note we have managed to get our anorexic puppy Dylan to bulk up a bit...you can still feel all ribs and bones when you pick him up although they are not as prominent....I should open a homemade baby/dog food business I could make alot of money marketing this..anyways Dylan now eats slow cooked kosher chicken with carrots/celery/onion with chicken broth and whole wheat couscous with a scoop of dry kibble. I know this is pathetic but it is literally the only way we can get him to eat anything at all. I have tried every dog food under the sun from dry kibble to wet canned food..he even snubs his nose to all types of treats like the expensive organic pumpkin treats (which Ryan really enjoys I am embarrassed to say that I think Ryan has eaten more of the treats than Dylan has not really but Dylan hides them all over the house and you know who finds them and thinks they are cookies for him to eat..NOT)So I have resorted to once a week making a huge kosher chicken in the slow cooker with veggies and Greg, Ryan and I will eat it for dinner then Dylan will eat the left overs for a week then the process repeats. Well it beats throwing the food out...Ryan and Greg are so not big fans of left overs. So that is the story with Dylan we are happy to say he no longer needs his doggie Meclizine for shorter car rides 1.5 hours or less but I think the trip to Medfield this Turkey day will require us to drug him with half a dose...you never know we might run into stop and go traffic and that just sends him over the edge. He is so anxious in the car sometimes but lately he has really mellowed out, thankfully. But I am sad to say when it comes to having visitors over the house he still goes into full fledged ATTACK mode regardless if you are the mailman, the cable man, a friend, a neighbor...it is quite embarrassing but that is Dylan in a nutshell our favorite family pet would not trade him for a million dollars.

Unfortunately Ryan woke this morning with a runny nose sneezing and coughing...I think he caught a small cold. Polina said his nose ran like a faucet all day..poor little pumpkin. He acted like himself, playing, napping eating a ton as usual. I am not too worried I just to hate to see his little nose all goopy and runny and his poor little cough. Poor Ryan he was snoring like a freight train last night...At least I am pretty sure it was Ryan and not Greg... It is so sad to see your child ill even if it is just a cold. We had to cancel our plans for tomorrow we were supposed to head down to Stamford to meet our friends they have a 2 1/2 yr old and a new baby and the last thing we want to do is infect their entire family especially not little Arik. So we will reschedule for another time. Not too much planned for the weekend just want to rest up so Ryan gets better soon. Hope you are all doing well. Miss you have a great weekend.

XOXO RYAN

No comments: