Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Yay for Yappy Hour!

So today Dylan and I got to spend dome quality time at Yappy Hour and Dylan even won a raffle at yappy hour- a small bag of pumpkin spice treats. Yappy hour is at a pet boutique in Milford where you can bring your under 30 lb well behaved dog to play with other small dogs and they serve the adults wine and cheese. A co-worker of mine told us about it but we can only go if Greg is available to put Ryan to bed and it just so happened to be that he was home tonight. Poor Dylan this is only our second time going but I must say it went a little better than the first time. The first time we went he was shivering behind me and constantly wanted me to pick him up... today he actually socialized with some of the dogs a little and only wanted me to pick him up a few times. But it was a lot of fun.

Today Ryan and I had our first playgroup with some other mom's in town it was really nice to get to know some of the mom's in our neighborhood. There was even a mom there with 8 month old twins. Our little curious George was into everything and I could just see the mom of the twins looking over like "this is what I get to look forward to very soon" Yeah it is times like these when I tell myself "gee and I thought one was hard" as I looked over at this mom with her twins. They were really cute. There were 2 other little boys there too about Ryan's age. The seemed to play really well together except Ryan tried to steal one of the twins self feeder and protested as I dragged him away desperately trying to distracted him with cheerios and his sippy cup.

I successfully gave Ryan a bottle today and only managed to nurse him 3 times yay. A step in the right direction towards weaning him but we still have a ways to go but this is a huge accomplishment for us because he does not like to take a bottle from anyone (except Daddy0 let alone me because he ALWAYS wants to nurse around me regardless of when or what he ate last!

Tomorrow we have a busy day I have to go into work for a few hours I agreed to be a research assistant to one of the Dr's. We are doing a study through the National Institute of Health and the Joslin Diabetes Center on Type 2 Diabetes so it should be really interesting I just hope it does not entail too much outside commitment. So Ryan is spending a few hours with Polina then we are off to our sign and sing class then from there we have a neighbor's birthday party. I'll give you all an update later in the week. Till then take care.

XOXOX Ryan Alexander

Can't believe only one week till our little baby boy turns one!

No comments: