Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Weekend Re-Cap

2007-10-30 Ryan Halloween Preview



So Saturday Greg got to come to our make up class for our sing and sign class. It was so special to to have him there so he could learn some of the signs. Not sure if Ryan will catch on to any of the other signs besides more but we will keep trying. We went to Soup Thyme (my favorite lunch spot) for lunch in Monroe with our friends and got Ryan down for a power nap to rest up for the Halloween Spooktacular.

We had so much fun at the party. All the babes looked really cute in their costumes. It was great to see everyone we had not seen a while. Kerri- your whoopie pies were so delicious! Ryan really enjoyed them too! There were certainly a lot of people there. All I kept thinking to myself was that the host of the party has some MAJOR baby proofing to do (her twins are still non-mobile). They had a lot of candles and lit pumpkins and I kept picturing our little lion up in flames. No but seriously he did do pretty well although he did almost pull some of food off the table along with the table cloth a few times. Poor Ryan he was so good he kept his costume on the entire time and by the end of the night we took the hood off and his head was all sweaty!

Sunday we headed North to Agawam for a baby shower for our friends Lori and Bernie. They are expecting their first Jan 1st 2008. Greg and I got to do a little shopping while Grammy and Grampy got to spend some quality time with Ryan. It was really nice out and they got to take Ryan for a stroller ride.

It is official today Ryan looked straight at Dylan pointed at him and said "DIYYA" He now says Mama, Dada, Dog, and Diyya. He sort of signs for more with food and if I hold up cereal versus fruit he will point to his preference. His new annoying thing he does is he sits in his high chair and bangs his head on the back with all his might and thinks this is so hilarious! I am just worried he will tip the highchair backwards.

There is hope for us yet with the cow's milk he is now taking to it a bit more but not great. Taking small sips from his sippy cup only with a straw and it has to be room temperature or warmed not stone cold. But a week now of just nursing in the morning and at night and in the moring. But I still worry that this is not enough fluid he takes only sips of milk or water during the day. I know he does eat fruti and yogurt but I am not convinced this is enough. Still not pumping at work. I feel like I have so much free time now (not really).

So I am taking part in a research study through the Joslin Diabetes Center and NIH (National Institute of Health)for work and we have worked really hard trying to get up to speed with the logistics and I am expecting my first potential participant on Friday and I am so anxious/excited (just hope I don't mess anything up). We are trialing a new drug for treatment of type 2 diabetes it is so exciting and I am so lucky to be a part of it. I will let you know how it works out.

So Happy Halloween! No major plans just plan on saying hello to the neighbors with the little Lion in tow. Hope you enjoyed the pictures!

XOXO RYAN

No comments: