Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Ryan and Friends

2007-10-24 Ryan and friends


So today we missed our sign and sign class (oh I wonder if Jona was asking for Ryan?) to have a little party for Ryan to celebrate turning one with all his little friends. I managed to take a couple pictures before my camera battery died and I am embarrassed to say I could not get the TV to work so I was unable to show the slide show for the party today:( I am so technologically challenged it is a wonder I can manage the blog!) LOL. So Ryan protested his afternoon nap today but decided after lunch he was ready to go down and I had to wake him at 3 PM for his party I wanted to get him dressed in time for his guests.

The party was so much fun Ryan really enjoyed spending time with all his friends some we have not seen in so long. The babes had so much fun with all the new toys. The ball popper was a big hit with everyone. Also the sports center and the little tykes walker. Thanks to both grandparents for these toys. Ryan got so many new toys from all his little friends. I am thinking of putting a few away for later he seems to have so many new toys to play with now. I think Ryan's toys are taking over the living room not sure what to do with all of them. Poor Dylan had to be kept upstairs for the party. He was like a little gerbil clawing at the gate the entire time.

Tomorrow we have a weaning appointment with Dr. Smilie over at breastfeeding resources. I woke at 3 AM in wrenching pain due to a plugged milk duct. I had to apply a warm moist face cloth and wake sleeping giant to unclog it at 3:45 AM. Lucky for me he was more than happy to help me out and peacefully drifted back to sleep after. That baby has rescued me every time. If you get a plugged milk duct and are unable to resolve it on your own it will likely turn into a nasty infection called mastitis necessitating a high unpleasant 10 day course of antibiotics that wreak havoc on your tummy! Lucky fo me I have been able to avoid this at all costs thus far thanks to Ryan my hero! So I have alot of issues to discuss during our appointment tomorrow! Just a few of the topics include how to go about this weaning process and avoiding more plugged ducts (extremely common with oversupply). How to go about discontinuing to pump at work, how to get Ryan to drink straight up cows milk, sippy cup vs bottle, how to introduce him to like cold milk (yes I am still heating up his milk but a lot has to do with the fact that he likes it fresh out of the tap at body temp)how to get him down for nap without nursing him before, and what on earth to do in the future with the second one to prevent this huge oversupply issue that I constantly battle even after 12+ months. So hopefully for us Dr. Smilie will have some answers for us.

Oh I have to tell you guys that for the second time Ryan has got himself stuck in his crib! It happened two nights ago he was twisting and turning trying to get comfy and decided to stick his foot out of the crib then flip over. Well then all of a sudden we heard this wail of a screech and I glanced in the monitor and it was difficult to see but it looked as though he was stuck. Knock on wood once sleeping giant is down for the night he is out like a light without a peep. So for this it was highly usual and I bolted up the stairs and sure enough he was stuck so after some hugs and kisses and a little nursing he was happy again and drifted off to sleep. Ryan likes to comfort nurse alot not sure how this will go over when we stop nursing completely. Oh and today after I got Ryan Alexander up after his nap before the party I went to the Bathroom to wash my hands after changing his diaper and I heard that unforgettable screech again I went running back in his room only to find his arm stuck in the crib. he was reaching for his bunny blanket (his lovey) and in the process he managed to get the crook of his elbow stuck and twisted in the crib. Yikes after talking with some of the other parents today apparently this happens a alot and it is quite scary! With the arm I had a very difficult time getting him lose and he was very upset it must have hurt his arm alot to be stuck like that! Kerri- i am keeping the bumper on just so he won't get stuck. He has not tried to use it to propel himself out of the crib just yet:)

Anyways I have to go puree some spinach, sweet potatoes and carrots for Ryan. I will catch up with everyone soon. Miss you all!

XOXOXO RYAN

Oh yeah not to mention I could not get the slide show working, my camera battery dying, but did I tell you I forgot to hand out the goody bags at the party to Ryan's friends? Yeah this baby brain thing only seems to be getting worse the older Ryan gets! Sometimes I wonder how I manage to keep everything straight! LOL

1 comment:

mccashew said...

Jen, that is my worst fear!!! Steve might worry more than me, if that's possible. We stare at the monitor and ask each other if it looks like her feet are stuck in the crib bars. EEK! How scary~

Sounds like a great party!! Thanks for posting photos~