Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Weekend Getaway (sans baby)!!

Hello everyone! Sorry for the lack of updates but it was been a whirlwind of a week so far. I have been spending all my free time at night the past few weeks taking part in a diabetes study they are paying me $225 to answer some online questions every night about diabetes so I thought why not it actually was not that bad.....hence the lack of new news though. Okay so here it goes....

Thursday we left for Greensboro early in the morning and left the boys with Grammy grampy and uncle Freddie. I was so so sad to leave our little dumpling but I knew he would be great hands. I gave my mom a itinerary (at her request) to follow in terms of our "routine" eating, sleeping, and wake cycles and I must say she did a fantastic job in sticking to it......no disruption at all. Ryan ate well, napped well and slept through the night like a champ! Did not give the grandparents any hard times at all except one protest to an afternoon nap on Friday. They even took Ryan on morning walks everyday, to the park everyday, to the children's library on Friday to play, and to the grocery store. What a big help to come home to a nice home cooked meal and fresh laundry. Mom and Dad you ROCK!!! Could not have asked for anything more.

On our end Greg and I had such a FABULOUS time! I kept looking over my shoulder the entire time asking did I leave Ryan behind somewhere? It did feel like something BIG was missing! But I must admit it was nice to have a little freedom and not have to worry. We had so much fun to bring Ryan would have been difficult we had a family barbecue(in a mansion the most beautiful house I have ever been in complete with 5 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms!)on Thursday night, a rehearsal dinner on Friday night (in a bar totally not baby friendly!), and an outdoor wedding on Sat. and with Greg as the best man it would have been difficult with Ryan. Neil and Kristen's wedding was absolutely beautiful. Very unique very southern very non-traditional. She wore a stunning pink Lilly Pulitzer dress and he wore khakis a blue blazer and a pink Vineyard Vines tie with Cape Cods on it. The ceremony took place in her parent's backyard and it was short and sweet. The reception was held in a tent in her parent's backyard. The tables were decorated with pink and green flowers each center piece different and unique very elegant. Each place setting had a different piece of china all keeping with the color scheme pink and green. And of course I have to comment on the porta potty....which by far was the nicest porta potty I have ever seen. It was air conditioned (or heated) with gleaming hard wood floors, marble counter tops, lights, a mirror, fresh flowers, running water, air fresheners, and yes even mints! This whole weekend was like nothing I have ever seen before. We really enjoyed our weekend away. By Friday Ryan was calling out "Mama, Mama" and to hear that just broke my heart a little. I really missed him alot. I only cried once. The pumping was not all that terrible I have to say the worst was trying to find places to pump but we managed. I thought the time away and pumping might slow things down a bit in preparation for weaning but no such luck. All in all it was a great weekend. Greg and I got to spend some quality time together. Grammy and Granddad have already said they want to watch Ryan for Meeta and Jonathan's wedding next May when we go to Kansas City for a long weekend!

So yes after being engorged again this morning and pumping 9 oz (probably could have pumped more) only 4 hours after Ryan ate I freaked and called breastfeeding resources. At this rate I figured if I can't slow things down a bit I will be nursing Ryan until he goes to college. So yes I did set up a weaning consultation but int he mean time Dr. Smilie had suggested lots and lots of sage tea! Hopefully this will do the trick. I plan to stop nursing when Ryan turns one.....but sadly him and I really really enjoy it a lot it is part of our bedtime routine! The only snuggle time I get. Well maybe we will just try at night only. We will see. My mom claims that breastfeeding resources will make me feel guilty for wanting to stop but I can;t have him pulling an tugging down my shirt in public which he has recently started doing to me and almost anyone else!

Our new camera arrived today YEAH! Just in time for Caroline's birthday party tomorrow so look for new pictures some time soon. I can't believe I have been without a camera for over a month! We have missed so many precious moments! Good thing our video camera is still up and running..Ryan has not broken that one YET!

We also had our sing and sign class today. Trying to teach Ryan sign language and I think he may be catching on. He appears to understand so much. I really love this class the teacher is awesome and the babies are all about the same age as Ryan maybe a little older. He absolutely loves the class so much and has a big smile on his face and lots of laughs and giggles throughout the entire class. The instructor is GREAT at getting the kids attention and keeping it for short periods of time. All of her toys are interactive and and great learning tools. Ryan's friend Caroline is also in the class too.

YEAH Daddy is home and cancelled his trip to MN tomorrow so we have him home for a wile yipee! We are so lucky to have him here he is such a wonderful Daddy and loves spending time with Ryan. He even watched him for me tonight so I could make Tacos for dinner. What a nice treat to get that done without worrying about Ryan.

So hope everyone is having a great week. Look for some new pictures in the next few days. Miss you all. Can't believe Ryan will be ONE in only 2 short weeks! Take Care.

1 comment:

Erin Flynn said...

I am so glad that you enjoyed the wedding weekend. It sounds like Ryan had a great time with Grammie, Grandpa and Freddie, too! We are looking forward to the bday party...