Monday, August 4, 2008

Beach Fun and random stuff too...

Since Daddy was golfing all weekend in a golf tournament Ryan and I decided to have a little fun of our own and ventured to the beach yesterday. It was a lot of fun and the perfect beach day. We got settled and Ryan ran off to chase some seagulls abandoning his beach pail and shovel. He ran all the way to the Marina and as I un-packed I kept my distance to see if Ryan would look for me. No he didn't this child has no fear of anyone and could have cared less if I was even at the beach with him or not. But finally I called out to him and he came running over only to get distracted again my the seagulls. It was really cute. Finally I talked him into walking back to the blanket with me and we made it back eventually. We decided to go swimming the water was really warm I noticed there were jelly fish in the water and I had read about it in the town paper that they were out early this year. I figured they were harmless there were a ton of people in the water. Funny just my luck as I was belly high in water splashing around with Ryan I felt a funny sting did not think much of it then it started to tingle and burn....and it was in a place where no jelly fish has gone before. The worst place you could possibly get stung. Oh well at least he did not get Ryan. I contemplated calling the OB but I figured what will they do anyways and it seems a bit better today. But anyways it was a lot of fun playing with Ryan at the beach :)

Ryan now refers to himself as Ry-Ry in the third person. Everything is Ry-Ry do. Ry-Ry this Ry-Ry that. It is really funny. He will actually now point to baby pictures of himself and say Ry-Ry. Before he would point to himself and say baby. For example he absolutely would not let ME give him some raisins out of the container this morning! He immediately protested Ry-Ry! So I gave in and he reached his little hand in to grab a handful for himself. I have also noticed he makes less of a mess (on some days) eating his morning oatmeal. Usually ends up eating most of it rather than missing his mouth and his bib (if I can get one on) was surprisingly left untouched this morning. Did I also mention for the past week Ryan has been insistent on sitting in his high chair again not his booster seat for meals. Funny we were just about to bring it down stairs and set it aside.

We were really surprised at dinner last night because Ryan inhaled all of his dinner at lightning speed. I made grilled salmon, carrots, zucchini and herb roasted potatoes and he loved every bite of the salmon and and veggies and even asked for more. Greg and I were so surprised. See last week it was a totally different story at meal times he would poke and push the food around and maybe take a few bites here and there. But for the past few nights he has been inhaling large quantities of food at mealtimes. I guess we better enjoy it while we can maybe he is going through a growth spurt because his appetite comes and goes.

So funny story about the zucchini....Polina gave me this enormous garden fresh zucchini it was the biggest zucchini I have seen. So I decided to make zucchini bread and I found a yummy recipe online and it called for 2 c of grated zucchini I was thinking oh wow perfect it will use alot of zucchini. Well 2 loaves later and even after grilled zucchini for 3 last night I still have half of this enormous zucchini left. What ever shall I do with it? Maybe make more zucchini bread and freeze it? More grilled zucchini? It was super yummy.

Oh I also wanted to thank mom for the green bags! They are so awesome and I highly recommend them. I was looking all over for them. I hear you can get them at CVS but I did not find them there in Fairfield. Well I happened to mention the fact I was looking of these bags and of course mom had some....she has everything! So she gave me some and I love them. I buy a whole bunch of produce and it stays fresh all week. The secret is these spectacular green bags. I put green bananas in them and they stay fresh all week. I take them out a day or two before I need one and it usually ripens well on the counter. I had used them for apples and nectarines too. You really have to dry the nectarines off first or they will get moldy. Don't wash the produce first just dry it off and place in these magical bags and it will stay ultra fresh. Apparently produce releases a gas which causes it to ripen quickly especially in warmer weather and these green bags apparently catch the gas or something and absorb it. This week I tried strawberries and grapes. Seems to be doing well so far. Thanks mom these bags are great! And I find we are wasting a lot less food!(Something we are notorious for) Oh I also wanted to mention I found this great fruit and veggie wash at Trader Joes that has grape seed extract or is it grapefruit seed extract? Anyways it is supposed to remove all the pesticides and chemicals and waxes from your produce. So while we do try to buy organic if we don't I don't feel so bad about giving it to Ryan if it is washed in this veggie soap. Just wanted to share.

Oh Thanks Auntie Erin and Grammy and Granddad for offerring to watch Ryn for us so I can attend my conference in Boston later in the month to kick off phase 2 of my diabetes trial. We are all meeting in Boston for 2 days to discuss the logistics of phase 2 and talk about the results of phase 1. Should be a lot of fun and Greg will be staying with me too to keep me company and to attend the Deuche Bank golf tournament.....(For work???) NO seriously I guess one of Genpacts's clints is hosting it and they invited Greg and some others to attend. What a cushy job! Anyways Ryan will enjoy some quality time with his Auntie Erin and Uncle Brian and His granparents too. Then my parents will take him for the long weekend and Greg and I will get to enjoy our "last hoorah" as we call it before the new baby. Our last true vacation that we will take alone for a long time to come. We are spending time with 2 other couples for the long holiday weekend for some rest and relaxation and lots of golf I am sure! Thanks family for taking care of of Ryan! What would we do without you?

No comments: