Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Locked out yikes!

Yes I knew it would happen at some point...goes something like this. Ryan and I were on our way to the car after sing and sign class and chatting it up with Sarah and Caroline as we approached our car and Ryan decided to play with my car keys (yes I am totally blaming this one on him LOL) and of couse set off my car alarm so now everyone is staring at us in this strip mall parking lot and here I am fumbling around with my keys in the car trying to shut this stinking alarm off! Thankfully I was holding Ryan I dropped the keys on the driver seat stepped back and the door shut...Yes locked with the keys in it thankfully not with Ryan in it...so here we were standing outside in the freezing cold and it was snowing. But thankfully Sarah was there with us too and she kept me calm told me to go back inside to the music studio and ask Leslie (the instuctor) to use her phone to call AAA. Leslie was so great she sat Ryan down in the studio with some toys while I was kept on hold FOREVER with AAA and no I did not have my member ID it is on my keys locked in the car duh! Anyways Sarah stayed with me until I got off the phone with them and she even gave me Caroline's snacks for Ryan because we all know hungry Ryan is not a happy Ryan! I did have a snack and his milk locked in the car. Sarah was so sweet she even let me use her cell so I could call Greg but there was no answer. But all was well Ryan was happy all we had to do was wait for AAA it only took them an hour. In the mean time Ryan played, ate Caroline's yummy snack, and then we decided to trial the next music class for 1 1/2 year olds while we were waiting and before we knew it the time went by and in less than 5 sec the AAA guy had our car open. I kept saying to myself...gee i hope this guy does not moonlight as a car jacker..it was that easy! Gotta love AAA have had to use them alot thankfully not recently though. Anyways not exaclty how I wanted to spend the afternoon it could have been much worse.... I had wanted to pick up dinner at Soup Thyme on my way home they have THE BEST soup you will ever eat but they were closed by the time we left...oh well. I came home and made homemade butternut squash soup...it was so delicous and easy too. Got the recipe off food network. Anyways thought I would share. Like the title says more of the same today...adventures in toddlerhood....

Sorry now new pictures left my camera charger at my parents...bummer...hope to get it back this weekend!

No comments: