Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Bath Time.....not so much fun for mommy...

Okay I know this is going to sound really really gross but lately bath time has not been that much fun... for me anyways... um yeah Ryan has been totally pooing his brains out in the tub luckily for me at the very end but still...YUCK! And it has just been with in the last 2 weeks at first I thought okay maybe it is just a phase but today he did it again and it was a ton of poo.....and usually Greg is there to help me clean up but not today. He is still in China will be home very soon HOORAY! We do miss him a ton but he is enjoying his visit there..okay back to the poo...um yeah today I let him play a little in the tub a while after we washed up and he went to stand up and then sat down and stood up and that is a tell tale sign that Ryan is about to poo... and poo he did but I scooped him up just in time before he sat back down. I managed to pour half a jug of bleach down the tub just to get all the poo cleaned. So I guess no more play time in the tub...let's just get in...get clean... and get out before we can get dirty again. But then will he poo all over me while I am getting him dressed because if so I would rather he poo in the tub.... HELP, any suggestions? I told Grammy Sharon that he did this again tonight and she laughed and said "gee I am glad he did not do that for Grampy and I when we gave him his bath this past weekend....." Any advice for me? Is this early potty training? Help me out guys!

Anyways Ryan and I are gearing up for the big storm tomorrow. I have work tomorrow instead of Friday and Ryan will go to Polina's. So I have an extra pair of socks in the car with my snow boots, a brush for my car, extra food for Ryan in case Polina has to give him dinner, Pj's just in case I get stuck, hmmmm what else? Got the snow shovel and paw thaw near the back door. Plenty of gas in my car... Not sure how long it will take to get home but it did take me 2 hours to get home last Friday in the snowy/wintry mix we got right before rush hour. Hopefully if it gets bad all the patients will cancel and I will take off early.

Greg should be home sometime Friday if all goes well with the weather and delays. He has called everyday to check up on us. He said that China has been alot of fun so far but he is totally jet lagged his business partner is also jet lagged and has been over sleeping poor... Greg has sort of been on his own in the mornings. He got to do a little shopping today at some giant flea market....he called me all excited as they were leaving and said
"I got Ryan a cute Polo golf jacket and a sweater."
me: "oh cute what size did you get like a 2T or 3T?"
Greg says " no I guesstimated.... the sizes are all in Chinese"
me: "oh duh"
So cute to know that he is thinking of us. Ryan misses his Daddy and looks for him every morning. It is so cute it just breaks my heart. We hope Greg has a safe trip home and we can't wait to see him soon.

Hope everyone gets home safely tomorrow! Grammy and Granddad are so lucky they are in Florida enjoying the warm Florida sunshine and playing lots of golf. Hope you guys are enjoying your vacation. We miss you.

3 comments:

mccashew said...

Jen, that sounds terrible!! All I can think of is that the nice warm bath is relaxing him if that makes sense. Maybe you do have some early potty training stuff happening??? WOW!

mccashew said...

Jen, that sounds terrible!! All I can think of is that the nice warm bath is relaxing him if that makes sense. Maybe you do have some early potty training stuff happening??? WOW!

Jenny G said...

Jen,
Yuck! Ava did that while visiting friends on the way back from our Thanksgiving trip to my moms. I was SO grossed out. I had to do the same...clean the tub and then rebathe her.

Maybe Ryan's bowels are on a schedule that is now around bathtime?

I like "mccashew's" idea of potty training. Maybe you can soak him in a tub of warm water and quickly sit him on a potty before he poos and he might figure out that the potty is for pooing and not the tub?

I know it must stink to deal with that (sorry had to do a pun!)