Monday, September 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Meme!

Yesterday we surprised Meme with a visit for the day for Meme's birthday. It was such a beautiful day and we were so happy to spend it with her. We stopped by a yummy Italian bakery on the way for some yummy birthday cake and went out to lunch with everyone. Ryan sat at the head of the table and kepted everyone entertained. Ryan enjoyed spending time with Meme and Papa and Uncle Freddie. Mom hope you had a great birthday glad we could spend the day with you.

Saturday we had a birthday party over at Maple View Farms in Orange. What a great place for the kids. They had pony rides, and and ice cream truck and some other farm animals. There was also an inflatable jumper and lots of playground equipment for the kids. Thankfully the weather did hold off but it was so sticky out that day I felt like we were in an outdoor sauna but the kids sure had fun. And I got to catch up with Sarah Caroline's mom who has gone back to work full time. We also go to see some other moms/kids from our music class.

Saturday sadly due to Hanna we had to cancel our date night. Our college sitters are back in town for the school year and we were looking forward to a romantic dinner just the two of us but with all the hype about Hanna we decided it was best to reschedule. Good thing we did b/c it was pretty fierce out there on Sat night certainly not safe to be out and about.

I think we have decided not to have a kiddie party for Ryan this year. I think he will be too young to remember much but after Saturday's party I feel like should still have one. I actually feel bad because we have been to so many birthday parties for other kids turing 2 and I feel obligated to have a party for Ryan. We are still contemplating a trip to Sesame place in lue of a kiddie party. Not sure yet. It just seems like so much work and kiddie parties can get pricey too.

Not looking forward to Greg's upcoming travel plans later in the week but luckily there are only short trips planned. But one this week and another next week. Just difficult to get out of the house in the AM for work.

Ryan has his first official day of pre-shool tomorrow. I need to pack his little Ryan bag from Auntie E with an extra outfit and some wipes and diapers. I took a look at this months calender and this week is "get to know you week" and next week they start into structured activities like arts and crafts. I can't wait for that first art project from Ryan it is going to be so special. I hope he enjoys his time away and I hope he makes lots of new friends and learns to share and interact with those his own age. Still not sure what to do with the free time tomorrow morning...maybe hit the gym, run to Trader Joes who knows. I am so excited for Ryan though I hope he enjoys "school" Our little boy is growing up so fast!

1 comment:

Erin Flynn said...

So exciting that Ryan is going to school - I hope that he has fun!