Friday, September 12, 2008

Allergy Update

So we went to the allergist again yesterday for Ryan's food allergy testing and the good news is he is not allergic to any foods. I think they tested the most common foods: egg, wheat, soy, dairy, tree nuts, peanuts, and I also had them check for pear too but they were all negative so just the dog and dust mites. We have been trying our best to keep Dylan out of Ryan's room and will have to think about tearing up the carpet in his room. Ryan will sometimes fall asleep on the floor for naps and occasionally at bedtime and I notice the rash is worse on his face when this happens the rug must be pretty dusty. But it is nice to know he does not have any food allergies so I can stop giving him soy nut butter and jelly and bring on the real peanut butter.

So yesterday at drop off for preschool it was so sad. I dropped Ryan off and little Liam was sitting in his mommy's lap crying mommy mommy and there were 3 other children crying hysterically calling for their mommies. I guess the second day is sometimes harder than the first for some because they know what to expect more or less. Ryan sort of took off for the toys and gave me sort of a worried look through all the commotion. He took my hand and wanted me to come to the play area with him so I went and stayed for a moment and then sort of scooted away so he would not start crying too. Honestly I would not blame him if he did cry I even felt like crying after seeing all the kids so upset. Poor little pumpkins. I am sure it is always like this in the beginning. I showed up a little early for pick up and observed all the children happily playing outside on the climbers. It was so great to see them all interacting and playing nicely. They did not notice the parents standing outside looking on. But as soon as they did some started crying calling for their mommies. Of course Ryan ran away from me and refused to leave the outdoor play grill, then he ran back towards the seesaw and I had to pry him off and tell him all the children had left and it was time to go home. I also got my first piece of artwork from Ryan. I proudly displayed it on the fridge for everyone to see. I asked Miss Karen and she said that Ryan had tasted the markers. I thought it was amazing that he actually even participated in the art project so this was huge. He usually loses interest in anything that requires sitting after 5 sec or less unless it involves food of course.

I also had my 26 week check up and all is well. This pregnancy is flying by at lightning speed now I wish I could slow things down a bit and catch my breath. Basically I am pretty sure I have decided on a repeat c/s this time around. It was so weird to sit in the office with the Dr. look at the calender and actually pick my child's birth date. He took out the calender and asked me which day was good for me... if I had a preference. I mean so different from the first time around when you are waiting and guessing in anticipation and anxiety about when it will happen and when it did it was shear chaos! Poor Dylan... I will never forget! I was taking a rest on the couch with Dylan lying on my chest and my water broke. I freaked out and threw Dylan and unfortunately he got smashed on the coffee table then we threw him in his crate and left him there without food or water or a bathroom brake for nearly 14 hrs. Poor puppy not this time though I promise to make better arrangements this time for Dylan. Now we know for sure. I have already made arrangements with Polina for Ryan. She will take him that morning and keep him overnight and someone will pick him up the following day at some point. I still need to speak with my dog walker regarding Dylan but I am sure he will be fine. Less than 90 days and our little bundle of joy will be here. And we have lots to do before he comes!

Hopefully the weather will hold out this weekend we rescheduled our date night and booked a sitter. We also plan on organizing a bit this weekend to make room for baby items.

With all this cool weather I had to organize Ryan's dresser and assess his fall clothing situation and I realized this poor child is not going to fit into any warm weather clothing from last season. Thanks to Meme she bought him 2 winter coats and 2 pairs of snow pants and some snow boots so he is ready for winter! I have slowly started buying him a few warm weather items. I had a coupon at Kohl's and got a few items there. A few pairs of pants, a few sweatshirts, and some warm feece Pjs. Then I hit Old Navy and got a few more items there so I will be ready when the cool weather hits. Old Navy is having a huge baby sale everything is 40% off if you happened to need anything. I also picked up the cutest Halloween costume for Ryan too it was also 40% off. Could not see spending $40 plus shipping for the cookie monster or Elmo costume we had decided on. I only payed $16 for this costume and it is absolutely adorable I promise preview pics soon. Ryan and I played dress up last night and tried his new fall wardrobe on including the Halloween costume and they all fit really well so yay no returns necessary.

We miss you Daddy and can't wait until you come home tonight hope your meetings went well! Have a safe trip home!

1 comment:

Jenny G said...

Good to hear that preschool is going well for Ryan and you, too! He sounds so grown up.

I agree it must be a little odd to choose the birthday. Of course, less stressful I bet though. I can't wait to know what day you chose :)

I think removing the carpet would help for Ryan. Tyler's pulmonologist had several questions about the amount of carpeting we had in our house, etc. Tyler doesn't have any known breathing issues to date, but I was so glad to remove all the old carpet that came with the house (we put down laminate in most areas).